Saturday, January 17, 2015

Dry January


17 days since my last drink. I've decided to go "dry" this month as part of one of my New  Year's resolutions (to go dry every other month). When I was younger, I remember hearing adults on TV and movies exclaiming how they needed a drink and wondering what that was like. Now I know.

After weeks of non-stop binge drinking starting in October through the holidays, I decided that it was time to get my shit together. I definitely gained weight and I got a cold that I just couldn't get over. It was just gross. But, since cutting out the alcohol after the NYE countdown, I lost most of the weight and I feel a lot better all around. Also, I've been a lot more productive. I've cleaned out my basement, my closet, gotten more work done in the evening and I'm even sleeping more. It's been a very beneficial change.

I can't lie and say it's been easy. Crazy work weeks and biting cold weather just makes me want to go home and drink a gigantic glass of red wine. Or vodka. Even me and Max's Netflix nights don't feel the same without a drink or two. Or three. I'm considering having ONE gin and tonic tonight for Max's show at the Drunken Unicorn, but the idea of showing up sober as a bird at a tiny venue with loud music and standing nuts to butt with a bunch of hipsters seems unthinkable. Although, I really want to see if I can go for the gold and just stay on the wagon for the remainder of this month. I'm already halfway there and I'd like to think that I can do just about anything for a JUST a month... I guess it's time to dig in and see what I'm made of. We'll see how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment