Monday, January 5, 2015

First Monday of the year and some New Year's Resolutions


Firstly, I would like to say, Happy New Year! This year, we spent NYE at Max's apartment and invited a few close friends to ring in the new year and party the night away. We had finger foods, tons of champagne and vodka shots, danced to endless amounts of early-2000s to 2014 rap music (we blasted a "No Hands" at midnight--a Jonesbrah favorite) and played a round of some rowdy Heads Up!. It was a good night.Too bad the same can't be said for the first Monday of the year.

Today, I woke up extra early to get to Magistrate Court and spent a little over six hours there for dispossessory hearings. It was not fun. I was pretty stressed, but mostly I was hungry. To help pass the time between hearings, I compiled a list of New Year's resolutions for 2015. They are as follows:

1. Make every other month a "sober" month (starting January)
2. Eat out less, cook more. Every week, learn a new dish no matter how simple or complicated.
3. Reach a minimum of 7k steps on my FitBit at least six out of the seven days of the week.
4. Sleep earlier, wake up earlier.
5. Stop skipping breakfast or lunch.
6. Save money for Hawaii in April and Maine in May
7. Lose 20lbs by the end of the year
8. Buy a brand-new couch
9. Embrace the JOMO (Joy Of Missing Out)
10. Watch less TV
11. Get a new job
12. Post something on this damned blog at least once a week
13. Read a new book every month

So, the first Monday of the year was kind of a doozie, but it's over now. I got to end the day eating homemade pho for dinner while hanging out with my adorable nephew to cap the night off.

Now that I think about it, this is the first time in my 28 years of living that I have ever written out my New Year's resolutions. The idea is to write it out to make it more "real" (I've heard about this technique somewhere, probably Seventeen Magazine or some shit), helping me to stay on track. I'm actually excited to see how I'll do with keeping up with this list at the end of the year (assuming I'll remember to check back). Until then, here's to a clean slate and hoping 2015 doesn't punch me in the face the way 2014 did. Whoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment